We all know that home cleaning plays a pivotal role in protecting our loved ones’ health and keeping our belongings in good condition. From dusting and mopping floors, to disinfecting toilets and showers, to washing our carpets and upholstery, we go to great lengths to keep dirt and pathogens out of our homes.
However, there’s one essential household task even diligent homeowners tend to forget about or not perform nearly as often as it should: curtain cleaning. And yet, proper curtain cleaning is hugely important when it comes to keeping our homes hygienic and looking their best.
But why exactly is this so? What happens if you don’t wash your curtains often enough? Should you wash your curtains yourself or should you outsource it to expert curtain cleaners in Dublin? We’ll be answering these questions in the following article. Keep reading to learn more.
Why is professional curtain cleaning necessary?
Curtains are bulky, made using sensitive materials, and tend to accumulate allergens and other harmful substances. All of this makes them difficult to clean effectively unless you know what you’re doing and you have access to specialized cleaning supplies.
The pros have all of those things and more. They know exactly how to clean your curtains to prevent shrinkage, fading, colour changes, or other forms of damage.
What’s more, they also save you time. Instead of cleaning and drying your curtains, you’ll be able to use that time to focus on your other responsibilities, or simply relax at Herbert Park with your friends and family.
Other benefits of professional curtain cleaning include:
- Pristine curtains improve the look of a room
- It keeps allergens such as pollens and dust mites out of your home
- Clean curtains smell good and make the whole room smell better
- It reduces the amount of dust in your home
How do professionals clean curtains?
The correct fabric cleaning method for your curtains will depend on the material they’re made of and the specific instructions the manufacturer included on the tags. If you’re not sure which fabric your curtains are made of, or you don’t feel comfortable using certain cleaning products, your best bet is to consult with a reputable curtain cleaning service.
For example, here’s how to clean cotton curtains or drapes:
- Step #1: Find all the stains before washing the curtain and pre-treat them.
- Step #2: Launder the curtain using cold water and a delicate cycle. Use a mild laundry detergent and make sure the curtains have plenty of space inside the washing machine.
- Step #3: Iron the curtains while they’re still slightly damp to prevent the wrinkles from setting into the fabric.
- Step #4: Dry the curtains by putting them in the dryer and setting it on low heat. Wait until the curtains are 95% or so dry before removing them from the dryer. Doing this will keep wrinkles from appearing.
- Step #5: Iron them again while they’re slightly damp if needed. When ironing, use the cotton setting and iron on the wrong side. Remember to use a pressing cloth to keep the curtains from getting scorched.
Who should I call when I need professional curtain cleaners in Dublin?
Here at Emerald Carpet Cleaning, we understand that you’ve carefully picked out your curtains to perfectly fit the room they’re in. We’d like to help you give them the care they need by providing you with a first-rate curtain, carpet, and upholstery cleaning service in Dublin.
Our curtain and drapes cleaning service includes a thorough examination of your curtains to determine the most effective cleaning approach, followed by a thorough vacuuming, pretreatment, washing, and the applying of a protective layer over the entire surface.
Call us today.