Everybody loves fabric sofas, and it’s no surprise. They look great, they feel soft and cosy to sit and lie on, and they don’t cost nearly as much as their leather counterparts. Unfortunately, they also tend to be a major nightmare when it comes to maintenance.
While using a professional sofa cleaning service in Dublin is a quick and easy solution to this problem, calling in the experts isn’t always possible. For example, what do you do if you discover an unsightly stain on the fabric half an hour before important guests are slated to arrive?
In order to help you deal with these and similar situations, we have prepared a brief fabric sofa cleaning guide. Keep reading to learn more.
How do you prepare for sofa cleaning?
Before you can start cleaning your upholstery, you need to review the cleaning instructions provided by the manufacturer. Not doing so can ruin your furniture and void your warranties.
If you’ve misplaced your manufacturer instructions, don’t worry. Check the cushions on your sofa for tags that list vital clues such as whether the fabric is water-soluble. Don’t forget that one side of the tag could address the cushion cleaning, while the other may deal with cleaning the sofa cover, so make sure to thoroughly study them before proceeding.
When reading the tags, pay attention to the following letters:
- X: the sofa should only be cleaned by vacuuming.
- WS: both water and a solvent-based cleaner can be used.
- S: the material should be cleaned using a specialized solvent-based cleaner (no water).
- W: the material can be cleaned with water.
How do you clean a fabric sofa?
Once you’ve determined the right cleaning method for your upholstery, you can buy a safe and eco-friendly fabric cleaner or sofa disinfectant that isn’t going to damage your furniture. Gather the necessary supplies and follow the instructions on the bottle.
Here’s how to clean a stained fabric sofa:
- Step #1: Extensively vacuum the fabric, but be careful not to rub in debris or dirt while doing so.
- Step #2: Grab a bucket and mix 1 tablespoon of vinegar and 1 tablespoon of dishwashing detergent with 2 cups of distilled water.
- Step #3: Dip a microfiber cloth in the bucket and wring it out until it’s only damp.
- Step #4: Use the damp microfiber cloth to gently blot at any stained areas on the fabric. Refrain from scrubbing or rubbing, as this can ruin the fibres.
- Step #5: Get a clean microfiber cloth and dampen it with distilled water, then use it to blot the area you just cleaned. This will remove any excess soap.
- Step #6: Grab a dry microfiber cloth and blot the area one more time.
- Step #7: Run the air conditioner (or point a fan at the cleaned area) and let it dry completely.
Where can I book a first-rate professional sofa cleaning service in Dublin?
If all of the above sounds like a massive chore, that’s because it is. There’s a reason why people prefer to leave their sofa cleaning to the experts: not only does it get you superior results at a fair price, it also enables you to use the time you’d spend cleaning on other things, such as enjoying a relaxing afternoon walk down Henrietta Street.
That’s where Emerald Carpet Cleaning comes in. As the leading provider of carpet, rug, and upholstery cleaning services in Dublin, we’re able to supply you with truly top-of-the-line sofa cleanings. Give us a call today if you’d like to get a free quote or learn more about why we’re the best.
Find Us Around The Web
Emerald Carpet Cleaning Dublin