Although carpets these days come in a huge variety of materials, many homeowners still opt for the timeless classic, wool. Its premium features make it one of the most popular carpet materials out there are. No matter what new technology carpet manufacturers put out, few materials can outshine the durability and beauty of this natural fibre. However, every quality item, including these lovely carpets, needs a bit of upkeep.
Just like any carpet, the ones made from wool can become breeding grounds for a huge number of disease-causing germs. Knowing how you perform thorough wool carpet disinfection will not only help your carpet stand the test of time, but also protect the health of your loved ones. If in doubt about how to do it, read on to get some helpful advice or simply hire the best carpet cleaning service in Dublin, IE.
How do you disinfect wool carpet?
If you’ve ever wondered what you can do to stop the spread of COVID-19 and other viruses in your home, the chances are you’ve been told disinfection is a must. Although conducting detailed disinfection correctly isn’t too complicated, it does involve some important rules which mustn’t be overlooked. This is especially true when it comes to delicate porous surfaces, such as a wool carpet.
Wool can be damaged if handled too harshly or treated with strong cleaning agents. Read on to find out how to clean and disinfect your prized possession with due care. This way, there will be no limit to how long your wool carpeting can last you.
Get the right supplies
If your carpet is coloured, steer clear of bleach and hydrogen peroxide, as they can cause discoloration. Instead, pick substances which are harmless to the material. For disinfection, use an approved wool disinfectant or vinegar, along with a steam cleaner. You can either rent a steam cleaner or invest in one.
Use the right procedure
Now that you have your equipment, it’s time to get started. Here are the necessary steps to maintaining the hygiene of wool:
- Clear out the space: Move all furniture from the carpet to ensure easy access.
- Vacuum: It’s always a good idea to start any kind of carpet treatment by vacuuming, to remove surface dirt. For wool, use a vacuum with soft bristles. Check out how often your wool carpet should be vacuumed.
- Remove stains: If there are any ugly stains on the carpet, now it would be a good idea to focus on their removal. Whether they’re dried coffee stains in the middle of your wool carpet or several drops of freshly spilled red wine, there are effective ways to eliminate stains if you are patient and persistent.
- Disinfect: Apply your wool disinfectant the way it is instructed on the product’s label. Alternatively, spray on cleaning strength white distilled vinegar. Its 6 percent acetic acid content makes this substance an efficient disinfectant, unlike weaker vinegar types.
- Steam clean: Your carpet will need to be steam cleaned at least once a year because steaming is the best and most popular available method for germ removal.
- Or, take the easy way: If you’re too busy to delve into carpet disinfection yourself, ditch these steps and give the experts a call. By hiring expert carpet cleaners, you get top-notch disinfection while saving time and energy.
Which is the absolute best carpet cleaning service in Dublin, IE?
Are you worried about the dirt, staining and germs on your once beautiful carpet? When you’re unsure about how to tackle carpet cleaning and disinfection, Emerald Carpet Cleaning will offer expert assistance. Our team has the expertise, experience and equipment to make a carpet look brand new no matter how old and dingy it is.
While you’re unwinding by the River Tolka, we’ll be using our cutting edge methods to get every inch of your carpet rid of pathogens. Have hygienic carpeting effortlessly and protect the health of your household. Find out why we’re among the best loved Dublin carpet cleaning crews. Reach out to us and we’ll be ready to make your carpets shine!