If you’ve purchased wool carpeting for your home, congratulations. Wool is a wise choice because of its superb looks and great durability. However, even the best of carpet materials aren’t stain resistant. Over time, stains can take over, especially if there are small children and pets in the house or if your carpet is in a high traffic area.
In order to protect your carpet’s integrity and keep it in prime condition for years to come, it’s necessary to learn how to get stains out of a wool carpet when they occur. Old stains are what gives homeowners the most headaches, so pay special attention to methods against them. Alternatively, hire one of the best carpet cleaning services in Dublin, IE for expert stain removal.
How do you get old stains out of wool carpet?
Some of the first questions new owners ask are if it is difficult to clean wool carpeting or how you can perform proper wool carpet disinfection, as well as how to get rid of stains without compromising the carpet. It’s best to treat staining as soon as it happens because a prompt reaction can save you lots of hassle later on. However, even old stains can be successfully eliminated if you have a few tricks up your sleeve. Read on to find out how:
- Prepare your supplies: When you’re picking out the products to use, make sure that they are all safe for wool. It’s best to use an approved wool detergent, white vinegar and warm water. You’ll also need a bowl and a cloth or sponge.
- Make your cleaning mixture: Pour a litre of warm water into the bowl. Add a teaspoon of the vinegar and a teaspoon of your wool detergent into it.
- Treat the stain: Soak the cloth into the mixture and treat the stain. Don’t rub too harshly as this could result in the area becoming fuzzy. Then, rinse with warm water only.
- Dry it: Place paper towels over the wet spot to soak up the moisture. It’s also possible to use a hairdryer to help the drying process, but be careful not to heat the spot too much.
- Re-do if necessary: If the stain appears again after drying, as it may come out of the lower layers of the carpet, you should repeat the whole process.
How do you get dried coffee out of a wool carpet?
There are few things as unsettling as being jolted from your morning coffee ritual by spilling some on your beautiful wool carpet. If you don’t have time to treat it immediately, you may be left with an ugly brown blob to deal with later. Fortunately, it is absolutely manageable.
First, wet the stain with warm water to loosen it. Treat it with a cleaning mixture consisting of two cups of warm water, a tablespoon of mild dish soap and a tablespoon of white vinegar. Lastly, rinse with water. Let it air dry afterwards.
Which are the absolute best carpet cleaning services in Dublin, IE?
Whether you’re unsure of how frequently a wool carpet needs to be vacuum cleaned or you have another carpet cleaning dilemma, there are professionals you can count on for help. Simply give Emerald Carpet Cleaning a call and schedule your carpet cleaning service. Our expert team will arrive fully equipped with necessary supplies and ready to make your carpets squeaky clean. Then you can simply take a walk in Blessington Street Park until we finish.
Whether you’d like us to take care of staining or to perform cleaning and disinfection against COVID-19, your carpet will be in great hands. Reach out to our qualified cleaners today!
Find Us Around The Web
Emerald Carpet Cleaning Dublin