Everybody knows that having a good night’s sleep in a freshly scented and clean bed is one of the key ingredients to staying healthy and happy. But what if your mattress is dirty? Is this something that you can take care of yourself or should you consider hiring Dublin’s best mattress cleaning service to safely do it for you?
Beds are in constant contact with our bodies and, with time, they collect all kinds of dirt and stains. If you are thinking about cleaning some of this mess on your own, it would be wise to look into some expert tips on how to do so before you make some of the most common mattress cleaning mistakes and end up damaging its upholstery along the way.
But is there a way to successfully eliminate all the usual mattress stains and odours, kill all the harmful microscopic organisms and restore your mattress back into shape? Well, experts say that steam cleaning is the way to go. Read on to get a better understanding why.
Should you steam clean a mattress?
Steam cleaning is a process that uses hot water vapour as a cleaning agent and it’s a proven method when it comes to keeping any upholstered furniture clean. Some of the benefits of this type of cleaning include:
- Deep disinfection: Commercial type steam cleaning machines produce extremely high temperatures, and the vapour they make is able to penetrate much deeper into the fabric of your mattress than water or any kind of cleaning chemical could do alone. This leaves no room for any kind of bacteria, mould or living organisms such as mites to survive.
- Stain and dirt removal: In addition to being an excellent disinfectant, hot steam is a powerful weapon when it comes to breaking down stubborn stains, grease and dirt.
- Health safety and eco-friendliness: Steam cleaning your mattress has tremendous ecological and health advantages, as it leaves no chemical residue that can harm your health or the environment.
The one and only potential downside of this type of cleaning is not giving your mattress enough time to dry. Read on to find out why.
How long does a mattress take to dry after steam cleaning?
Prolonged presence of excessive moisture in the bed can lead to the development of mould, which poses a well known health threat. To avoid this, experts say that you are going to need to wait somewhere between 4 and 6 hours before being able to sleep in it as usual.
The amount of time it will need to dry can vary depending on the type of your mattress and general airflow in your room.
How much does it cost to steam clean a mattress?
If you are wondering how much it might cost you to leave this task in the hands of pros, you should know that there are a couple of factors that might affect the price. These are:
- The size and shape of the mattress
- Whether you wish to have only one or both sides cleaned
Luckily for you, a good professional cleaning service can provide you with an online price calculator to help you predict the cost more accurately.
Where in Dublin can I find the best steam mattress cleaning service?
If you are looking for a trustworthy company with a great reputation, Emerald Carpet Cleaning is a choice you won’t regret! We are fully equipped and trained to restore your mattress’s former glory using only eco-friendly and child and pet-safe techniques.
Our online booking platform enables you to schedule your service online in a matter of seconds as well as get an accurate price estimate. Enjoy a relaxing visit to St Stephen’s Green while our expert cleaners do their work. Reach out to us today!