Soft, bright and beautiful carpets are the cherry on top of every well-kept home. However, due to repeated use over time, carpets are prone to soiling and accumulating bad scents. Figuring out how to get rid of unwanted staining and odours can be daunting. However, it is manageable, especially with the help of some of the best carpet cleaners in Dublin.
But what happens when you’re doing the carpet cleaning on your own? You need to make sure that the carpet and the rest of your home is disinfected from the bottom to the top, as this is the only fail-safe way to protect the health of your family. With a deodorized, germ-free carpets, your home will truly be your pride and joy. Find out how to improve on your carpet’s scent and never worry about foul smelling carpeting again.
Why does carpet smell worse after cleaning?
If you’ve put time and effort into cleaning your carpet, you must be looking forward to enjoying its amazing fragrance. But what if it doesn’t turn out the way you planned? Imagine how frustrating it would be to find out that your carpet now smells terrible. Why does unpleasant odour sometimes appear after cleaning? And, most importantly, how can you deal with it once it’s there?
There are a couple of possible reasons for a malodorous carpet:
- The padding hasn’t dried completely: The layer on the underside of your carpet might not have dried thoroughly. This causes the build-up of mildew, which can give off a sour, mouldy smell. You can halt its spread by treating the carpet with a mixture of water and vinegar. Also, you should speed up the drying process by opening your windows or turning on your air conditioning.
- The padding soaked up a stain: If mildew isn’t the reason why your carpet is smelly, an old stain is the most likely culprit. As a result of cleaning, the stain gets wet and seeps through to the padding of your carpet. If this is the case, you must get your carpet dry more quickly. Using an antimicrobial cleaning agent wouldn’t hurt either.
If all else fails, hiring a team of professional carpet cleaners is the way to go. They are educated and experienced when it comes to annihilating carpet odours, so let them combat the stains and smells in your problem areas.
How do you deodorize carpet after cleaning?
Are you wondering if you can spray disinfectant on a carpet? Would you like to discover some tips and tricks on giving your carpet a wonderful scent? There are some easy hacks to help you carpet attain a lovely fragrance after cleaning:
- Vinegar: If you place vinegar bowls in different places in the room, they can soak up the bad smells.
- Baking soda: Baking soda is famous for easily absorbing odours. Simply sprinkle it over the carpet, wait a couple of hours and then vacuum it.
- Cat litter: You can use kitty litter either by sprinkling it all over the carpet and later vacuuming or by putting it in bowls over the room.
- Borax: Borax is also effective at deodorizing, so just sprinkle it on the carpet or rub it in with a brush.
With these fast, straightforward ideas, the smells from your carpets will be removed naturally. On top of that, all of these deodorizers are easily available and commonly found in homes.
Who are the absolute best carpet cleaners in Dublin?
Have you read the World Health Organization’s information on COVID-19 and decided to combat the viruses and germs in your home efficiently? Are you looking for reliable ways to get hygienic, nicely scented carpets? You can have this and more, all while you’re having fun at Olympia Theatre, Dublin. Hire Emerald Carpet Cleaning, a cleaning service with a team of leading cleanliness experts.
Thanks to our hassle-free booking system, you can reach us with just a few clicks. Our technicians will use a 10-step cleaning process to ensure your carpets are in prime condition. We also offer a 100 percent satisfaction guarantee, so if you’re not happy with any aspect of the service, we’ll redo it free of charge. Contact us today so you can be a proud owner of pristinely clean carpeting!