Since the outbreak of COVID-19 and the introduction of measures to curb the spread of this disease, the public has been asking questions about staying safe from infection. Taking care of hygiene is one of the most important steps to protecting yourself and your family from the virus. This includes looking after the cleanliness of your carpets and rugs.
Learn more about how to keep your carpets clean during the coronavirus pandemic. Read up on great advice about minimising your exposure to health hazards at home. Consider scheduling the services of dependable Dublin carpet cleaners to help ward off unwanted viruses and bacteria.
How long does coronavirus stay on carpets and upholstery?
CODIV-19 is primarily transmitted through close person-to-person contact with an infected person. It is spread by droplets that are released when a coronavirus patient sneezes or coughs. Although it is not yet absolutely certain how long it can stay on them, research suggests that it’s also possible to contract the virus from surfaces, which is why it’s crucial to wash your hands thoroughly before touching your face. Also, follow the latest updates on the coronavirus in Ireland.
All viruses survive longer in dry and cold places. According to the latest findings, the porosity of the surface that coronaviruses are found on seems to affect their lifespans. Generally, they tend to survive longer on non-porous surfaces, such as glass, plastics and metal. Since your carpeting is a porous material, it isn’t as likely to promote the longevity of the virus.
How do I maintain carpet cleanliness?
Whatever the type of virus or bacteria, it’s always best to stay on the safe side by removing it from your carpeting. You’ll achieve this through regular upkeep. Here are a few excellent tips on how to keep your carpets pristinely hygienic:
- Use gloves while you clean. Throw them away as soon as you finish. Never reuse them.
- Apply cleaning products whose virus-fighting properties have been approved by a health authority. Make sure they are suitable for porous materials, such as carpeting.
- Wash your hands frequently and properly, especially after cleaning anything in your house. Use soap and water to scrub each hand for at least 20 seconds at a time. Make sure your nails and the backs of your hands are clean.
- If a sink is far from reach, use a hand sanitizer with a minimum of 60% alcohol content.
- Sanitise risky surfaces, such as door handles, cupboard knobs, switches, kitchen and bathroom surfaces. Use alcohol-based products for cleaning.
- Ideally, your hoover will be equipped with HEPA filters. They lock the dirt and germs picked up from your carpeting instead of letting them circulate in the air.
- If you go out of the house, don’t walk over your carpets in your shoes. Leave them outside and use a disinfectant on them.
- Book the services of expert carpet cleaners. Get to know what the advantages of expert carpet cleaning are first-hand.
Who are the most popular Dublin carpet cleaners?
Would you like to make sure your carpets carry no trace of COVID-19? Emerald Carpet Cleaning is a Dublin company which customers trust at times of need.
Our skilled carpet cleaners are experienced in dealing with different carpet materials. What’s more, we have a reputation for annihilating viruses, bacteria and allergens from your carpeting swiftly and thoroughly. Our tried and tested techniques will transform your soiled carpet into a beautiful piece to take pride in.
Last but not least, we know that you would rather enjoy a lovely day in Saint Anne’s Park, but protect yourself and others by staying at home. Protect your health with minimum effort!
Find Us Around The Web
Emerald Carpet Cleaning Dublin